Prioritize Safety and Security
- Limit the way individuals can enter our schools and upgrade security cameras and systems.
Modernize our Classrooms
- Modernize our classroom spaces at multiple buildings in the District to better serve our students educational needs as well as improve the overall safety and security of students.
Upgrade and Update Schools to Extend Life of Buildings
- Protect the community's investment in existing school buildings by making infrastructure improvements such as heating and ventilation systems, flooring, and paint.
Improve Energy Efficiency, Reduce Operating Costs
- Making district-wide energy improvements would provide significant annual savings in operating costs that could be redirected into the classroom
Expanded Vocational and Technical Education Facilities
- The bond would allow for the construction of vocational and technical classrooms at Astoria High School for enhanced vocational programs such as instruction technology, agricultural science and pre-engineering.